Collaborations with industry
Australia's Largest Network of School Placements
ITAC operates Australia's most extensive school network, present in every corner of the country. We place thousands of students annually, who support hundreds of thousands, potentially millions, of children nationwide. This significant presence allows us to make a profound impact on the educational landscape, with our current and past students providing essential, evidence-based services to a vast and diverse audience.
Supporting Every Kind of School
ITAC's network is broad and varied, encompassing an array of educational settings across Australia, including:
- regional, rural, and remote schools
- schools in Indigenous communities
- outer suburb and metro schools, both large and small
- private and independent schools
- faith-based schools, such as Catholic and Islamic schools
- schools for special purposes, such as academic extension, specific disorders and/or disabilities, and others
- alternative schools, such as Montessori and Steiner.
The Value of Hosting a Placement Student
Hosting a trainee might take up a bit of time, but there are plenty of benefits:
Meet upcoming staffing needs
- Add trainees to your casual pool and never be short when staff call in sick.
- Get the first pick of the best candidates before they even start looking for work.
- No more advertising, interviewing or training. Trainees have been ‘onboarded’.
Boost staff morale and job satisfaction
- Reduce teachers’ stress by reducing behavioural issues – the extra set of eyes and ears reduces the workload considerably.
- Existing staff are often excited about mentoring a recruit, and it’s seen as a way of having their expertise recognised.
- Experienced staff tell us that they enjoy giving back to the profession and derive great satisfaction and reward from mentoring others.
Improve the skills of existing staff
- The mere act of observing and providing feedback helps staff reflect on their own work practices, skills and weaknesses.
- The placement process is something of a refresher course for experienced staff, particularly in terms of foundational instructional skills.
- Staff keep abreast with the latest research-based skills and strategies.
Big benefits for children
- An extra set of eyes to keep children on task – maximise learning time.
- An extra set of hands to provide individualised and targeted instruction.
- A class with a single teacher will benefit from nearly 100 hours of additional individualised instruction – use this time to help those who need it most.
- Free up the teacher so they can focus on instructional tasks. In other words, the teacher gets more time to actually teach.
Unlock the Benefits by Joining Our Network
Every year, ITAC supports thousands of education support students, along with their placement schools and teachers. This network benefits ITAC students by providing practical, real-world experience under the guide of supportive teachers and experienced colleagues. Simultaneously, schools and teachers benefit, such as by having access to additional evidence-based behavioural and instructional support.
If your school is keen on joining our expansive network and benefiting from reduced HR costs, quality graduates trained by seasoned professionals, and an overall uplift in staff morale, we invite you to get in touch.